Perhaps I’m setting my goals too high, but in anticipation of actually posting something to this blog, it got a makeover:
– Moved from Google to my very own server and started using WordPress as the blog backend.
– Linked it to Facebook. So this blog post shows up on Facebook and if you like it or comment, it post those back to the blog site. Pretty cool!
– Linked it to Twitter, so it looks like I’m actually using my Twitter account, which I’m not.
– Added a News Headline feed to the front page via a Twitter list.
– Other cosmetic improvements.
One of the reasons, sez me, to maintain a blog in the first place is that the lifetime of a Facebook post is pretty short. Going back to find something I wrote way back when is inconvenient. This way, I can have it both ways.(Yeah, that’s kinda narcissistic. I like reading my older stuff. I recommend “A Snowy Tail” from 2009.)
So that’s it. I’m hoping for a newfound discipline in keeping this site current.
Current is easy. Interesting is difficult.